Re: files:

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: Re: files:
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:44:56 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Mike wrote:

I get what to set for individual files or directories, but
when specifying r=inf for a directory and I want to make
sure all permissions are set below I think it would be
easier to use a umask=002 or umask=022 instead of m=go+rx.
How do you specify something that is workable for both
files and directories when doing r=inf?

The 'files' action automatically adds execute bits to directories that have read bits, which is usually the behaviour that you want.

I have had inconsistent results with this on the 'copy' action, but it always works great in 'files'.

--
Nature and nature's laws lay hid in night,
God said, "Let Newton be," and all was light.

It did not last; the devil howling "Ho!
Let Einstein be!" restored the status quo.
Luke Kanies | http://abstractive.org | http://reductiveconsulting.com