Re: Nice levels

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Re: Nice levels
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:31:16 -0500

Ah.  Close!

The trick seems to be that the nice level is relative to the current priority.
So if my agent is running at nice level 15 and I want it to restart something
at regular nice level 0, I need to say "nice --15 startscript" and it is
zero.

The problem then becomes making sure that I am to causing to run at -15
instead of 0 when cfagent is run my hand!  I don't want (for instance) my
sendmail daemon running at a super high priority and starving everyone else.

Anybody know of a good way to tell if you have been invoked by cfexecd?  Back
when I used cfrun, I just appened a "-D from_cfrun" to the end of the
command, but I don't know how to do that sort of thing from cfexecd.