Re: 2.1.9 patches

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Re: 2.1.9 patches
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:20:00 -0500

On Wednesday 11 August 2004 17:41, Sven Mueller wrote:
> Albert Chin [u] wrote on 12/08/2004 00:34:
>
> What I would _really_ like to see is support in ./configure to
> explicitly turn on static linking against bdb and openssl
> (individually).

Hear, hear!  Recovery tools should have as few third-party  runtime
dependencies as possible.

> I need this on some machines and for now, I always patch
> the Makefiles after running configure. That's obviously not the right
> thing to do, but I don't see any alternative as I don't know (and don't
> have the time to learn about) autoconf. Maybe someone else would be able
> to do that?

I attacked that by creating a sandbox just for cfengine compiles where I
*only* put the .a files.  The only problem is that the configure script
hardcodes the "-R" flags on Solaris, meaning that the path to the static libs
is stat'd every time a cfengine executable runs anyway-- which means that I
end up having to edit the Makefile (or configure script) anyway.  Ah, well.

(I submitted my patch for configure.ac a while back, but it didn't appear in
subsequent releases. )

--

Chip Seraphine
Unix Administrator