ReadArray

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: ReadArray
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:41:53 -0500

ReadArray doesn't seem to be behaving as the documentation says it
should in 2.1.9. I've never used ReadArray before, so I don't know when
it stopped working (or if I am misunderstanding something). Here is my
test:

    control:
        actionsequence = ( shellcommands )
        arrayvar = ( ReadArray(/var/tmp/array,textkey,":","#",1000) )
    shellcommands:
        "/bin/echo ${arrayvar[key1]} ${arrayvar[key2]} ${arrayvar[key3]}"

and /var/tmp/array is:

    key1:value1
    key2:value2
    key3:value3

Running in verbose mode, the error is:

    Function or format of input file requires 2 argument items

Changing the separator character from : to , in both files makes it work
though. So I suspect the separator functionality is broken.

Further, Having the separator character anywhere in the value field also
causes an error. Since ReadArray only processes two-dimentional arrays,
I don't see why that should cause an error as there is no ambiguity. It
seems to me that having:

    key1,value,value

should set ${arrayvar[key1]} to "value,value".