Re: [Fwd: Re: miscmounts woes]

From: Ulrich Habel
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: miscmounts woes]
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 23:45:26 +0200

> I don't believe 'miscmounts' goes into your actionsequence.  Instead,
> use 'addmounts' (to edit /etc/fstab and create mountpoints as described
> in your 'miscmounts:' section), and 'mountall' (to check if they are
> mounted, and mount them if they are not.)
>
> I would add that while this apparently does the right thing, we also see
> errors of this nature every time cfengine runs:
>
> cfengine:: Warning the file system /foo seems to be in /etc/fstab
> cfengine:: already, but I was not able to mount it.
> cfengine:: Check the exports file on host somehost? Check for file with
> same name as dir?
>
> though everything is mounted fine, and /etc/fstab is correct.

It works! It simply works this way. The error which is thrown is somewhat
ugly. addmount is used to automatically edit the fstab and add the nfs
mountpoint and to mount the nfs filesystem. All the samples are using
the sequence mountall, addmount, mountall. The second mountall seems
to be misplaced if addmount does the mounting of the missing
filesystems, right?

In order to show the context I will include the correct cfagent.conf
file below.

@mark: this is documentated in a strange way. If I am writing a small
explanation to the miscmount section and contribute a small sample to
it, will you include it in the documentation?

Cheers

Uli

===== Working cfagent.conf =====

control:

  actionsequence = (
                mountall
    addmounts
  )

        [....config stuff....]

miscmounts:

  server.example.com:/mnt/nfs  /mnt/nfs-test mode=ro