Re: cfagent 2.1.10 fail to run during kickstart post install

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Re: cfagent 2.1.10 fail to run during kickstart post install
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:27:08 -0500

This might not be too helpful, but I had similar experience with 2.1.6 and
later on Mandrake 9.2 and 10.0.  Due to the difficulty of debugging in the ks
environment, I eventually just had kickstart drop a file called
"S99cfbootstrap" in /etc/rc3.d that simply runs my cfengine install script
and then moves itself to /var/tmp afterwards.  Somewhat cheesy hack, but it
gets the job done.  Admins just have to know that the first reboot after the
jumpstart does a cfengine install, so they need to let it stay up and on the
network for a few minutes.