Re: Maintaing similar but not identical versions of files

From: Alan Sparks
Subject: Re: Maintaing similar but not identical versions of files
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:39:24 -0600

Mark wrote:
I just found that cfagent does NOT copy the base file over again, even
though the local version of the file is different.
I thought initally that it copies the file over again as soon as it
differs... What does it use to determine when to copy a file over again and
when not? Timestamps?

Depends on the type= set in the copy specification. Default is the ctime timestamp, but you can override the behavior to explicitly check file last-modified time, or do a signature comparison.

Check the copy documentation in the reference guide.
-Alan

--
Alan Sparks, Sr. UNIX Administrator     asparks@quris.com
Quris, Inc.                             (720) 836-2058