Re: Execution order when files are imported?

From: Jamie Wilkinson
Subject: Re: Execution order when files are imported?
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 11:47:25 +1000

This one time, at band camp, Josef Wolf wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I can't deduce from the ducumentation what the execution order is when
>imported modules define their own actionsequece.  For example:
>
>cfagent.conf:
>
>  import:
>    foo.cf
>    bar.cf

>  foo.cf/files
>  foo.cf/links
>  foo.cf/directories
>  bar.cf/links
>  bar.cf/files

cfagent.conf gets executed in its entirety first, then the imports are
processed in the order you specify, i.e.:

cfagent.conf read and executed
foo.cf read
bar.cf read
all imports executed

The actionsequence defines the order of execution, so then:

foo.cf/files
bar.cf/files
foo.cf/links
bar.cf/links
foo.cf/directories

I do nothing except import in cfagent.conf, so that things behave as I
expect them to, and I only define the actionsequence once (in the first file
imported by cfagent.conf)

--
jaq@spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg