Re: Disconnected laptop CFEngine ?

From: David Douthitt
Subject: Re: Disconnected laptop CFEngine ?
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 08:51:33 -0600

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 05:22, Mark Burgess wrote:
> The main thing about laptops
> is that they tend to be switched on and off alot, so you might not be
> "on" at a time when a cfagent run is scheduled. A good idea might be to
> put a cfengine run in the boot process.

I recommend this as a rule for all installations.  Then after
installation, cfengine will run on the first boot and update everything
and configure the system appropriately.

For autoinstalls such as Jumpstart and Kickstart, putting cfengine in
the boot process is the perfect completion to the process.

--
David Douthitt
UNIX System Administrator