Re: editfiles missing the profound function?

From: Yaroslav Halchenko
Subject: Re: editfiles missing the profound function?
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 03:20:17 -0500

Ni Jamie

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 06:27:32PM +1100, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
> I also wrote about this on the wiki:
> http://cfwiki.org/cfwiki/index.php/Talk:Editfiles_Considered_Harmful

A Nice write-up. I am not sure if an introduction of a whole section
"config" is necessary, it seems that there is no that much of a
difference from the functionality of editfile, if proper command gets
introduced. Even more -- it would get advantage of using advanced
editfile constructs to determine sections etc, so in files like
apache/ssh configs you would be able to do local to some section
(virtual host definition/hosts subgroup in ssh) changes.

So as for me - it is that your already prototyped macro is missing
from real implementation :-)

--
                                                  Yaroslav Halchenko
                  Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers