Beginner problems

From: R Ransbottom
Subject: Beginner problems
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 09:30:08 -0400

Hi.  I'm trying to set up two Debian Sarge GNU/Linux machines as my
playground for cfengine.

My initial goal is to have a simple edit of my /etc/motd files.  I have
gotten this working only on one host--the policy server (PS) serves
itself.

I feel uncertain about many things.  The docs leave me uneasy
about what is happening where and when.  Likely all will be clear when
I see cfengine working.

I know I have a problem with authorizations.  My PS has a fixed
IP:  172.16.2.2, this localdomain is nameserved without any authority by
dnsmasq.  My other client is in the same localdomain but is a dhcp
client.  Running "cfservd --debug" on the client I see that the PS host
is recognized but the user, root or me,  is not authorized.  When I run
cfrun on the PS, the other client logs:

Aug  5 13:10:15 wheel cfservd[906]:  Private decrypt failed = block type is not
02

I have followed the thread "cfservd: Private decypt failed = block type
is not 02".  Per that thread I've tried clearing and regenerating all
my keys but without joy.

Help.  Thanks.

Be well,
rir