deleting symlinks

From: Klaus
Subject: deleting symlinks
Date: 15 Aug 2005 18:06:05 -0700

This one seems to have come up before, but I couldn't find anything
that looked like a reasonable resolution. Some interesting posts,
though. ;-)

What is the proper way to remove a symlink with cfengine? I've got a
Linux distro that ships with '/usr/tmp' pointed at '/var/tmp' ... which
is actually more of a hindrance than a help.

I can't seem to simply overwrite the link itself with a directory - but
I can't find anything in the documentation that suggests what to do
instead.

Anyone out there care to offer the official solution, or any manner of
suitable workaround?

thanks,
Klaus