creating, fixing files

From: Atom Powers
Subject: creating, fixing files
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 11:46:07 -0700

I am trying to write a rule that creates a file, directory if it
doesn't exist, and enfoce ACLs on it if it does. I am trying to use:
--
        /var/log/service.log
                mode=640        owner=service   group=wheel

But this doesn't work, it failes because it's trying to fix a file
that doesn't exist.
--
cfengine:host: Cannot access file/directory /var/log/service.log
cfengine:host: File/Dir /var/log/service.log did not exist and was

What is the correct way to do this?

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--