help-debbugs

Re: GNU bug#55458 is spam pretending to be from Eric Blake

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: GNU bug#55458 is spam pretending to be from Eric Blake
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 13:33:31 -0700

Paul Eggert wrote:
> GNU bug report 55458 is spam. It claims to be from Eric Blake but it's
> evidently an imposter who's trying to get people to read files that would
> attack their system. See:
>
> https://bugs.gnu.org/55458
>
> I retitled with "SPAM" in the title, and closed and archived it, but it'd be
> better to remove it entirely. Could you do that?

I have removed it.  Thank you for reporting it.  It is easy for admins
to remove reports that are spam.

For future reference for us admins there is a script to do this.  It
actually moves the report into a trashcan area so that it can be
restored in the case of an error making this relatively safe.

    ./edit_bug.bash -a -r 55458

This is in root's home directory.  The -r says to remove the report.
The -a says the report has already been archived and is needed for
reports that have been archived by time already.

Bob