help-debbugs

bug#61216: Disabling unprivileged BPF by default in our kernels

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: bug#61216: Disabling unprivileged BPF by default in our kernels
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 20:43:42 +0100

Ekaitz Zarraga 写道:
What does Debian's kconfig list for CONFIG_BPF_UNPRIV_DEFAULT_OFF?

I've always had this option set to Y in my own kernels, and it has never so much as inconvenienced me. However, I'm not a BPF power user.

Does anyone know any serious and concrete drawbacks to setting this option in all Guix kernels, to increase default security & better align with other major distros?

Kind regards,

T G-R