RE: [h-e-w] print-NT.el

From: Jeremy Bowen
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] print-NT.el
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:23:22 +0100

Hi Jeff

Emacs uses the built-in Windows "print.exe" to direct output to the printer.

If your printer doesn't have a name that "print" understands then I'm not
sure how you can print to it.

How do you print from Windows ? Is there a printer Icon in your Conrtol
Panel ?
Can you examine the properties of it ? Does that have a UNC name ?
Presumably Windows does not promt for an IP address when you print from,
say, Notepad.

I used to use print-nt.el. Have you ever had printing working from Emacs ?
If so, what setting were you using for lpr-destination ?

JB