Re: [h-e-w] Building 21.1 using cygwin

From: David Starks-Browning
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Building 21.1 using cygwin
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:33:35 +0100

On  23 Oct 01, Alexander G. Burchell writes:

>     Graham> When building emacs-21.1 using the latest cygwin (1.3.3),
>     Graham> I got the following error
>
>     Graham> [ can't find titdic-cnv ]
>
>     Graham> SHould I not be attempting to use Leim on Windows? I am
>     Graham> running W2k.
>
> I believe it is looking for the file
>
>         /usr/local/src/emacs-21.1/lisp/international/titdic-cnv.elc
>
> If the file is not there, there is a problem...
>
> I have build Emacs 21.0.104 on W2k, including Leim.

Using Cygwin?

> I think you need
> to look at the file leim/makefile.nt.

I don't think that's for Cygwin.

> I think I had to fool around with the paths in this file.
> Unfortunately I didn't save the original archive file so I don't
> have any diffs.
>
> Best wishes,
> --
> Alexander G. Burchell
> Wilshire Associates
> address@hidden

I do not believe that GNU Emacs is ported to Cygwin.  However, I know
that some Emacs-21 pre-releases were built using mingw.  I don't know
whether you can (still?) build Emacs-21 "out of the box" with mingw.
Definitely not with Cygwin.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
David