Re: [h-e-w] emacs 21 binaries

From: Theodore Jump
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] emacs 21 binaries
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 07:30:35 -0500

At 08:19 AM 10/24/2001 +0500, Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:
Can someone point to a HTTP url where i can download

        Built with MSVC6/SP5:

        http://www.tertius.com/projects/library/emacs/emacs-21.1-w32.zip
        (approx 11.7Mb)

        for lisp sources:

        http://www.tertius.com/projects/library/emacs/elisp-21.1.zip
        (approx 7.0Mb)

The emacs zip will unpack into a directory named "emacs-21.1" - I just unpack it into my "gnu" directory so it ends up like this:

        d:\gnu\emacs-21.1\
                \bin
                \etc
                \...

Reminder:
You'll then need to use a command-prompt / MS-DOS Command line to "install" - just change to the drive you unpacked to,
change the root of the emacs file hierarchy (d:\gnu\emacs-21.1 in the above sample), and run "bin\addpm" - all done.

Ciao,
-Ted