Re: [h-e-w] emacs 21.1 : strange apropos

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] emacs 21.1 : strange apropos
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 14:31:03 +0100

From: "Norbert Caudéran" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 11:38 AM
Subject: [h-e-w] emacs 21.1 : strange apropos

> Under 20.7 I have :
> C-h a mode RET
>     which gives
>
> LaTeX-mode        M-x LaTeX-mode RET
>   Command: Major mode for editing files of input for LaTeX.
> Man-mode        M-x Man-mode RET
>   Command: A mode for browsing Un*x manual pages.
>
> Under 21.1 it gives :
> LaTeX-mode        M-x LaTeX-mode RET
> Man-mode        M-x Man-mode RET
>
> and no link to follow.
> I think my elisp paths are correct under 21.1 (I've got a delphi-mode
which I have not under 20.7)
> I think I must have missed something... Can someone help ?

It works OK for me using the last Emacs 21 pretest, except that I don't see
any reference to Man-mode.  What happens if you start Emacs with no init
file (emacs -q)?

There was a problem similar to this with some of the pretests, caused by
documentation information not being correctly picked up, but I thought that
had been completely resolved.

Francis