[h-e-w] source safe support for emacs 21

From: Robert
Subject: [h-e-w] source safe support for emacs 21
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:27:35 +0000

I've (with assistance from Dave Footitt) updated Sam Falkner's package for
the new more convenient way that emacs 21 allows integration of other
version control providers.  You can find an initial release at:

http://www.chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk/elisp/vcvss.html

Bug reports are welcome(!) esp as its an alpha version - so users beware,
I've not lost any code yet but your experience may differ!
So far I've verified checkin, checkout, status(!), history, undo checkout
and differences

My setup reads something like;
(add-to-list 'exec-path
                 "//InsertPathToVss/Microsoft Visual Studio/Vss/Win32")
(setq
      vc-vss-path "v:/Software/Microsoft Visual Studio/Vss/users/ram/ss.ini"
      vc-vss-user "ram") ; that's me!
(add-to-list 'vc-handled-backends 'VSS)

Robert Marshall