Re: [h-e-w] gnu emacs-win32, won't run on win98se?

From: Richard Holt
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] gnu emacs-win32, won't run on win98se?
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 10:04:53 -0400

Hello,

My thanks for all the help.

I now know that "barebin" will not install and run by itself. I tried
diligently.
It is for upgrading, so you don't have to download all the lisp source.
Probably, everybody already knew that.
Perhaps, a note might be added to the download page for those, like me, who
leap before they look.

I only thought to get the binary. Part of the Emacs learning experience.

Thanks to Ted, I downloaded his build of emacs-21.1-w32.zip, a 12 MB chunk but
Getright is good.
Unzipped the whole thing with WinCommander in less than a minute,
ran addpm, OK,
ran runemacs... This is an amazing program!

Richard.