Re: [h-e-w] Problem building 21.1 under Cygwin on W98

From: Charles Curley
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Problem building 21.1 under Cygwin on W98
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 11:40:21 -0700

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 02:12:48PM -0500, Richard M. Heiberger wrote:
> Does the cygwin build of emacs give you a tty in *shell*.
> I miss it in the existing distribution.  I have seen speculation on
> this list that a cygwin build would enable the shell buffers to be tty
> and therefore respond to stty and related commands.

How do you tell?

Under Linux, from the *shell* buffer:

address@hidden emacs-21.1]#
address@hidden emacs-21.1]# echo $TERM
dumb
address@hidden emacs-21.1]# echo $PS1
address@hidden \W]\$
address@hidden emacs-21.1]# echo $PS2

address@hidden emacs-21.1]#

--

                -- C^2

The world's most effective anti-virus software: Linux.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley