[h-e-w] printing in Emacs21?

From: Michael W Daniels
Subject: [h-e-w] printing in Emacs21?
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 22:37:17 -0500

I'm using Emacs 21 with Windows XP.

Typing "type file.ps > lpt1" at a command prompt does what I want (I have a postscript printer).

But I can't use the "Postscript Print Buffer" command in emacs. I have ps-print-command left blank and ps-printer-name is set to "LPT1", which is what the documentation implies should work. When I try to print a file in emacs, the "Printing...done" line appears in the minibuffer, but nothing else happens.

Is there something I've forgotten to do?
--
Michael W. Daniels          | "The thunder was ominous-sounding, much
address@hidden |  like the sound of a thin sheet of metal