Re: [h-e-w] Some issues with ntemacs 21.1

From: Theodore Jump
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Some issues with ntemacs 21.1
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 07:51:25 -0600

At 01:29 PM 11/12/2001 +0100, Tim Van Holder wrote:
* ntemacs 21.1 chokes on loading term/w32-win.el; it gets an access
  violation due to trying to read address 0x00000020.
  IIRC the x-close-connection stuff (around line 1147) is what
  triggered it.

Some particulars may be helpful here, you've not given anyone much to go on in trying to help you out. Since I know from first-hand experience that NT Emacs 21.1 CAN work fine on Windows Me, 2K, XP, and NT4 I have doubts that it is Emacs alone that is causing the problem, but rather likely some interaction with either your os configuration or other software on your machine.

Does this happen when you run it as "emacs -q" for example?

* ntemacs 21.1 -nw uses the height of the scrollback buffer,
  not the window height as frame height, making the editor pretty
  much unusable that way.

Please lookup documentation on variable: w32-use-full-screen-buffer

Ciao,
-T