Re: [h-e-w] Redraw problem with Emacs 21 - more info

From: andy . ling
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Redraw problem with Emacs 21 - more info
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:00:01 +0000

>address@hidden writes:

>>    GNU Emacs 21.1.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.0.2195) of 2001-10-22 on buffy
>>    Running on Win2K
>>
>>    I have just noticed a redraw "funny". If you have two frames side
>>    by side positioned such that the frame on the left is in front
>>    of the frame on the right and overlaps it so the scroll bar just
>>    covers the left fringe and the right frame "hangs" below the
>>    left frame. Then scroll the right frame. You will see part
>>    of the scroll bar of the left frame in the fringe are of the
>>    right. At least I do on my system

Jason Rumney suggseted this may be a Windows bug. Well I've got
a bit more info which may help to find out.

I can now repeat this very easily. The redraw goes wrong for
any partially covered window if the bit that is covered has
a larger font in it.

First, to be able to scroll the window at the back you must
have X-mouse enabled (focus follows mouse)

Then if you create a buffer in Fundamental-mode, put some text
in it, select a line of text and change its text property
to Info-title-2-face (M-g o Info-title-2-face)

Now partially cover the window with another one and scroll the
window at the back. I usually use the mouse wheel, but the
keyboard does it aswell. You will see as you scroll up (text
moves down) that part of the covering window moves down.

HTH

Andy Ling                         email: address@hidden
Quantel Ltd.                      Tel:   +44 (0)1635 48222
Turnpike Road, Newbury Berks UK. RG14 2NE