Re: [h-e-w] VM, LDAP & EDUC on windows

From: Douglas Gray Stephens
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] VM, LDAP & EDUC on windows
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:28:55 +0000

Miles,

At 10:47 on 16-November-2001, Miles de Forest wrote:

 >    Hi,
 >       I'm looking for pointers on how to make nt-emacs talk to an LDAP
 >    server.  Ultimately I want to have VM (the mail reader) interact
 >    with our corporate address book.
 >
 >    It seems that if I had a windows based ldapsearch program EUDC
 >    would provide the rest of the glue?  Alas, I can't find one.  Any
 >    ideas or suggestions appreciated.

I used to use Ph (now built into Emacs 20) for my directory lookups,
but since '97 have been using LDAP.

I use VM, and NT-Emacs.  I have perl installed with the perldap
module.  I have a lisp file that calls the perl to enable me to do
LDAP lookups. I am happy to send anyone the perl and lisp code (I am
not sure if the list would appreciate the files).

Douglas.

--

Dr. Douglas GRAY STEPHENS

Phone  +44 1223 325295