[h-e-w] Emacs 21.1 and Windows 2000: dired and locale, messy modeline

From: Georges Ko
Subject: [h-e-w] Emacs 21.1 and Windows 2000: dired and locale, messy modeline
Date: 18 Nov 2001 12:03:33 +0800

    Hello,

    I have downloaded the compiled version of Emacs 21.1 from the GNU
site. On Windows NT 4, it works fine, but I have some problems with
Windows 2000 (SP2):

    - as I use the "Chinese (Taiwan)" locale, when I do dired, I have
      the dates in Chinese, actually, their Latin-1 equivalent, such as:

  -rw-rw-rw-   1 Georges Ko root      377 address@hidden 13 20:09 dotemacs.el

      I don't want Chinese (even correctly displayed), just English,
      as on NT 4: how do I fix this ?

    - as I use the BDF fonts of intlfonts, I have some problems when
      launching Emacs with frames higher than 37 lines: the fringes
      don't cover the last line. When I invoke info, the modeline is
      shifted. See http://www.gko.net/e21-w2k.html for screenshots...

      I don't have such problems with NT 4...

    Any idea ?

    Georges