Re: [h-e-w] Wanderlust

From: Peter Davis
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Wanderlust
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:29:52 -0500

I don't know about wanderlust, but have you looked at VM? It supports POP3 and IMAP, and is a good deal easier than Gnus to set up and use.

-pd

At 03:31 PM 11/24/2001, Underwood, Jonathan wrote:
Hi

Has anybody tried implementing the wanderlust mail reading package under
NTemacs? This seems to be a mail program capable of using the Imap4
protocol, and so would be ideal for those poor souls who have their mail
residing on an MS exchange server, and who, like me, don't have the time or
inclination to get thru' the impenetrable gnus manual. I did begin to
install it myself, but found that files from the apel, flim and semi
packages (pre-requisite installs for wanderlust) are fairly poorly
maintained and contain old versions of files (eg time-stamp.el) which
interfere with the current version of emacs (21.1.).

Wanderlust webpage: http://www.gohome.org/wl/

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

jonathan.

--------
                                Peter Davis
                 Funny stuff at http://www.pfdstudio.com
                 "The artwork formerly shown as prints."
           Resources for children's writers and illustrators
                   http://www.pfdstudio.com/cwrl.html