Re: [h-e-w] Wanderlust

From: Eric S. Johansson
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Wanderlust
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 08:17:37 -0500

At 07:29 PM 11/24/2001 -0500, Peter Davis wrote:

I don't know about wanderlust, but have you looked at VM? It supports POP3 and IMAP, and is a good deal easier than Gnus to set up and use.

I too would love to find a nice friendly IMAP client for Emacs but VM still doesn't fill the bill and gnus is overkill for just reading mail (and no, I don't read news). Granted, this is just from reading the VM manual, but it appears that IMAP is strictly used as a message source. It does not appear to auto discover all your IMAP folders and really wants to keep all the e-mail information local in its own spool files. Heck! If I wanted to do that, I'd run rmail on my mail server.

for me, Emacs is becoming merely an editor.  ;-)

---eric