[h-e-w] Bash with emacs's shell

From: Peter Fraser
Subject: [h-e-w] Bash with emacs's shell
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:55:07 -0500

Following up on an earlier message, I was told by
others that emacs shell was working for them with bash
I did some more tracking, and found out an incantation
to cause the problem. If your .emacs consists of just
the following

(setq explicit-shell-file-name "bash.exe")
(custom-set-variables
;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste it!
 '(current-language-environment "Latin-1")
)

Emac's shell will not work. If you use the incantations
in the FAQ it will still not work and I was told by
Kevin Seguin address@hidden that those incantations
were no longer necessary

Peter J Fraser  519 895 1860 x201
Thinkage                519 895 1864 fax
85 McIntyre Dr
Kitchener
On N2R 1H6