Re: [h-e-w] Mouse-2

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Mouse-2
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:36:44 +0000

"Stephen (Montsaroff) Saroff" wrote:

> I have two button mouse and am used to having (on X emulators) a joint
> press equal Mouse-2
>
> Is there a way of making Emacs recognize this?

I thought it does by default.  I recently installed Emacs 21 on a
notebook computer running Win XP Home, and pressing the two trackpad
buttons together appeared to work as mouse-2 without any configuration
of anything.  However, I'm still setting the machine up and I haven't
tested anything very thoroughly yet.  (But for anything other than
actual laptop use it's probably worth plugging in a real 3-button mouse,
since they are not very expensive these days.)

Francis