Re: [h-e-w] migrating Outlook Express to gnus

From: Michael R. Wolf
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] migrating Outlook Express to gnus
Date: 03 Dec 2001 09:04:17 -0500

Sam Hahn <address@hidden> writes:

> If you configure both OE and Emacs to utilize POP3, you can set (OE:
> Tools -> Accounts -> <Account> -> Properties -> Advanced -> Delivery)
> to leave a copy of the message on the server, and to delete after N
> days

[snip]

> This may achieve your coexistence objective?

Thanks for bringing that feature to my attention.  It may be helpful
in other circumstances, or if I wanted to have an interim dual-system
period where my email went to OE *and* gnus.  I've decided to have
flash cut with no dual-system period.  Therefore this feature doesn't
help me.  It will, however, be nice when we travel separately since we
share 1 laptop.  That feature will allow us to use public internet
terminals and the (slow, annoying, but useful) browser interface to
email.  In *this* case, having email in 2 places would be a helpful
feature.

Thanks,
Michael

--