Re: [h-e-w] makefile for Windows95

From: Michael R. Wolf
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] makefile for Windows95
Date: 05 Dec 2001 10:04:40 -0500

"Jason Rumney" <address@hidden> writes:

> >Recommendations for a make(1) or nmake(1) for Windows95?
>
> Use the appropriate make for the compiler.

No compiler.  Just trying to install BBDB as per INSTALL file.  I
don't think there's any C code to compile, just movin' and copyin'
and byte-compilin' file.

Since the manual method didn't work, I thought I'd rely on the
codified intelligence built into config and Makefile.  Obviously my
native intelligence isn't enough :-(

I know that strictly speaking it may not be necessary (if I read the
makefiles and do it manually), but there seem to be more and more
packages that want me to use a make(1) to get 'em goin'.  And while
I'm a smart guy at figurin' out makefiles(5), I'm nowhere as fast as
make(1)!!!

Thanks,
Michael

--