Re: [h-e-w] Initialization help needed

From: Syver Enstad
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Initialization help needed
Date: 06 Dec 2001 01:50:03 +0100

"Bingham, Jay" <address@hidden> writes:

> I am trying to modularize my init files so that I can have some small
> files that contain items that wary from one system to another.  I have
>
> run into a problem in attempting to do this on windows.  I want to put
>
> the expressions that add my own directories to the load path into one
> of

I don't know if this solves your problem, but I set up the load path,
first and then load files.

ex : from my .emacs

(setq load-path
      (cons "~/Emacs"
            (cons "~/Emacs/Configurations"
                  (cons "~/Emacs/Extensions"
                        (cons "d:/devtools/w3/lisp"
                              load-path)))))

I can then do: (load "extensions.el")
; really loads from ~/Emacs/Configurations/extensions.el
or
(require 'w3-auto) ;; which loads from "d:/devtools/w3/lisp/<some-file.el>

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad