RE: [h-e-w] Cant run ediff

From: Simon Green
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Cant run ediff
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:58:37 +0000

 > David,
 > Thanks I will have a look at it.  But without ever having looked at it I
 > can see why I would never have thought to look there.  I am not
 > interested in running bash, I am interested in running diff, that you
 > have to run bash to run diff is not intuitively obvious.

I don't run bash as my default shell under NTEmacs, and I can use ediff without
problems:

As far as I can remember (and a quick look round my config files shows nothing
to the contrary) all I did to set it up was:
- install cygwin
- add cygwin/bin to my default PATH.  I do it to the system wide path 'cos I
  like having the utilities there.  You could try just adding it to emacs'
  exec-path if you don't want to do it globally for some reason.

That's it.  A quick test runing
emacs -q --no-site-file
followed by a successful 'ediff-files' would seem to support this.

HTH

--Simon