RE: [h-e-w] Cant run ediff

From: Jeremy Bowen
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Cant run ediff
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:02:54 -0000

You don't need to run bash to run ediff.

It's more likely to be a problem with your path and the Cygwin environment
(or possibly the way E21 is pre-configured).
Are you able to run "diff" from a command prompt ?

Can you "M-x shell" and execute diff from there ? (Can Emacs find diff.exe)
What is the value of the variable "ediff-diff-program" (It should be "diff"
but it may also be "cmp")

Is "ediff-shell"  set to use "cmdproxy.exe" ? (Hack for windows cmd shell)
What is the value of "shell-file-name" ?

Answers to these questions should narrow down exactly where the problem
lies.