Re: [h-e-w] A note for the FAQ

From: Jonathan Arnold
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] A note for the FAQ
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:53:21 -0500

REGEDIT4
Is that "4" meaningful?  I'm on Windows 2000, and only have "regedit" to
the best of my knowledge.

I'm not sure where you're finding this (I looked in the "offcial" faq
and didn't see it), but when you see this kind of listing, you're supposed
to save the file off as a .reg file and then execute it from the Explorer.
REGEDIT4 is just to say which version of the .reg file it is. So copy
everything (*esp* the blank line at the top), paste it into a new file
called, say, emacs.reg, and then run it.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell]
I had to create the above key.  Here on Win2K, there was only a
"shellex" key.

Right. "Installing" the .reg will create the key.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\emacs\command]
@="<where ever you have>\\gnuservw.exe \"%1\""
I'm using the above, substituting "gnuclientw" as appropriate.  I assume
that the "@=" are included in the String value.  Is that right?

No. Again, this is a reg file. If you are creating the key by hand, it
shouldn't have any " marks, just include the stuff inside. I'm not
sure why it says "gnuserv". I would think it should be "gnuclientw".

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:address@hidden)
Amazing Developments       http://www.buddydog.org

Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit, you would
stay out and your dog would go in. -- Mark Twain