Re: [h-e-w] ntemacs21 & activestate perl problem

From: David Vanderschel
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] ntemacs21 & activestate perl problem
Date: 17 Dec 2001 19:39:49 -0600

On Sunday, December 16,
"Sivaram Neelakantan" <address@hidden> wailed:
>Whe i use mode-compile with cperl-mode on NT, I get
>the following error when i try C-c c on a perl
>buffer.

>byte-code: Tried to load `cl-macs' before `cl'!

See http://www.cs.bu.edu/cs-kit/gnu/emacs20/cl_1.html#SEC4

As it happens, I never encounter this problem because
I load other packages which already have (require 'cl)
in them.  (I was surprised when I discovered that
default.  My realization occurred when I tried to
'distribute' some of my own code which uses it.)

Regards,
  David V.