Re: [h-e-w] ntemacs21 & activestate perl problem

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] ntemacs21 & activestate perl problem
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:25:32 +0530

> On Sunday, December 16,
> "Sivaram Neelakantan" <address@hidden> wailed:
> >Whe i use mode-compile with cperl-mode on NT, I get
> >the following error when i try C-c c on a perl
> >buffer.

> >byte-code: Tried to load `cl-macs' before `cl'!
>
> See http://www.cs.bu.edu/cs-kit/gnu/emacs20/cl_1.html#SEC4

(require 'cl) did trick but walked into another wall.

C-c c gives the following error
mode-compile: Don't know how to compile in CPerl mode, guessing...
C-c k to kill.
mode-compile: Trying to guess how to compile buffer example.pl ...
mode-compile: Looking if buffer example.pl is a shell script...
mode-compile: Trying to guess compile command from buffer example.pl
file name...
mode-compile: Looking for a makefile in current directory...
mode-compile: Don't know how to compile example.pl, giving up...

perl is located in  C:/perl/bin/perl.exe, so how do you get
mode-compile to automatically
run perl on the buffer?

regards,
Sivaram