Re: [h-e-w] Gnus, anyone?

From: Paul Rudin
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Gnus, anyone?
Date: 18 Dec 2001 09:59:50 +0000

 PD> I've been messing with gnus on and off for over a year, with
 PD> emacs 19, 20, and now 21.  I *still* can't get it to handle mail
 PD> the way I'd like.  In particular:

 PD> 1) I can't get messages to print to a network printer.

Can you get oter things to print from emacs? Or is this a
gnus-specific problem?

 PD> 2) I can't get it to leave mail on a POP3 server so I can read it
 PD> from multiple locations.  (I've read that epop3mail is able to do
 PD> this, but I have not gotten it to work.)

Dunno, I use imap which is much better than pop for this sort of
thing. If your mail server groks imap I strongly recommend using this
rather than pop.

If you forced to use pop then you can tell gnus to use any program to
actually get the mail - if you used (for example) the cygwin port of
fetchmail then you can tell fetchmail to leave mail on the server.

 PD> 3) I can't get it to do the "right thing" with HTML mail, which
 PD> would be to allow me to either display it as plain text, or to
 PD> open a browser (*not* W3) to display it.

Not sure exactly, but if browse-url-of-buffer works for you then it
should be possible to tinker around with the gnus to get it to invoke
this automatically on html mail.

--
I can't decide which WRONG TURN to make first!!
 I wonder if BOB GUCCIONE has these problems!