Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?

From: Heribert Maier
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 01:21:37 +0100

Hello Michael, hello Jason, hello all,

Jason Rumney is refering to the Gnu-definition of the term "free", I
think. As human languages are less strictly defined as those created
for machines (I did *not* say they are more or less free!) there are
many different and possible definitions of the term "free".
Just be tolerant and try to understand how the person speaking
to you uses certain words, *if* you really want to communicate and not
just to flame.

Etymologically speaking "free" derives from the Indo-European root
"prai" which means "to protect, to defend; to like, to love".
Keep this in mind while communicating ;-)

I hope I have been able to explain my ideas although my English is
full of errors.

Bye,

Heribert.