Re: [h-e-w] Re: backward-kill-word in minibuffer

From: Anders Lindgren
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: backward-kill-word in minibuffer
Date: 19 Dec 2001 14:29:29 +0100

> > Oh, well, the problem is that the code assumes that only the file name
> > is present in the buffer and hence tries to delete everything from
> > `point-min' to the `point'.  In order to make it work for the new
> > situation would be to replace `point-min' with something like
> > `minibuffer-prompt-end', or similar.
>

> It seems that (field-beginning) is appropriate in this situation.

Thanks!

That did the trick!

I looked at the field-* functions and they seems to provide a powerful
feature.  (It's too bad that the `field' property should be fixed
since then two different overlapping aspects of a text both can't be
described using `fields'.  Not to mention how two packages that both
use fields could interact.)

    -- Anders
--
;; .signature -- File added to the end of mail, containing joke or info.
(defvar me '((profession . "Compiler Designer") (company . "IAR Systems")