Re: [h-e-w] cygwin and grep-find

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] cygwin and grep-find
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:43:51 +0000

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Jason Rumney spake thusly:

>>Is anyone sucessfully using grep-find and cygwin with emacs 21?
>
> Yes.
>
>>I think the
>>(call-process "find" nil nil nil   null-device "-print0")
>>in grep-compute-defaults never returns.
>
> The usual problem with grep-find is that the Windows find command
> is being used (and is not command-line compatible). Is the Cygwin
> bin directory in your path before the Windows directories?

It is
(and in an emacs *shell*
which find
find:
        C:\cygwin\bin\find.EXE
)

Do I need to redefine null-device - its NUL? though I've just checked
find /dev/null -print0
/dev/address@hidden
bash-2.05$ find NUL -print0
address@hidden

where C-@ = 0x0

Maybe I should try stepping through to see where it locks up, though a
C-x C-e on that call-process line killed it for me before

Thanks

Robert Marshall