Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?

From: Adam P.
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?
Date: 21 Dec 2001 19:16:00 +0100

"Michael R. Wolf" <address@hidden> writes:
> > >Gnus is notorious for causing one fits as a newbie.
> >
> > ... where "newbie" = "less than several years e-lisp hacking."
>
> Agreed!  I've been hacking elisp (config files and limited
> defun's) for over a decade, and feel *barely* up to the task
> of getting gnus *running*.

C'mon; I have similar elisp background and it took me a few minutes to
get gnus running (NTEmacs FAQ is quite helpful here) and three nights
of reading the gnus info node to configure it.  It's not *that* bad
;-)

But, I must honestly admit it, I still didn't manage to make it leave
mail on pop3 server...

        Adam