Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?

From: Roman Belenov
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?
Date: 24 Dec 2001 11:21:32 +0300

Galen Boyer <address@hidden> writes:

> >> (gnus-add-configuration '(article (vertical 1.0 (summary 0.16
> >>  point) (horizontal 1.0 (group .25) (vertical 1.0 (article
> >>  1.0) ("*BBDB*" 6))) )))
> >
> > Thanks. I haven't found that buffer names can be used as keys.
>
> Read the "Windows Configuration" node in the Gnus info file.  It
> is worth it.  Right at the beginning, it runs through how much
> space to give each buffer.  The snippet that talks about your
> question is
>
> ,----
> |    If the size spec is an integer instead of a floating point number,
> | then that number will be used to say how many lines a buffer should
> | occupy, not a percentage.
> `----

No, the problem for me was to display arbitrary buffer ("*bbdb*" in
this case) instead of predefined one like article or summary - it is
not used in the samples and I skipped formal definition while reading
the doc.

BTW I've changed ("*BBDB*" 6) to (if (bbdb/gnus-update-record) '("*BBDB*"
6)) so that BBDB window appears only when the corresponding record exists.

--
                                                        With regards, Roman.