[h-e-w] Emacs 21 and mingw

From: Tom Capey
Subject: [h-e-w] Emacs 21 and mingw
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:52:01 -0000

  I was wondering if anybody else had seen this problem running
  emacs-21.1 (and the latest CVS for that matter) on w2k.  if I
  make emacs-21 using either cygwin --mingw or straight mingw I
  get problems with dired using the -R switch.  If I go to a
  directory with sufficient subdirectories (for example,
  c:/emacs) and set dired to show recursive directories, it
  crashes.  it does not do this with a VC compiled version.

  I was wondering whether this was some peculiarity of my setup
  here or whether others had seen this.  I write here first
  because I ought to investigate this with gdb but I'm a bit busy
  at the moment.  I shall get round to investigate this, unless
  others see this and are faster to get to gdb and more competent
  once they're there than I am.  hence I'm not reporting this as
  a bug just yet.

/Tom
--
``Walk on!  Walk on!  With hope in your heart;
  And you're in for a big surprise!'' -- Dave Frishberg