[h-e-w] strange file dialogs

From: Michael W Daniels
Subject: [h-e-w] strange file dialogs
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:02:55 -0500

This is under Emacs 21 and WinXP.

I use dired and angeftp to manage files on a remote site. For the first time under Emacs 21, I tried to create a directory on the remote site (using the Immediate menu) and the normal WinXP file selection dialog came up. This seems to be a bug, since I wasn't trying to do anything with my local hierachy. I tried typing in the name of the directory I wanted to create and clicked OK; the dialog closed but nothing else happened.

Is there a known workaround for this? I tried looking for customize options with "dialog" in their name, but that didn't help. Nor did looking through the dired options in general...
--
Michael W. Daniels          | "The thunder was ominous-sounding, much
address@hidden |  like the sound of a thin sheet of metal