Re: [h-e-w] full pathname in title bar

From: Daniel Hegyi
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] full pathname in title bar
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 12:24:52 -0500

Jason, I do this in my .emacs. In fact, I have the filename on the left side of the title bar and the whole path shifted slightly to the right. I do this so that when I minimize Emacs, I see the filename in the task bar. This works, however, long paths sometimes spill over the right side. Shifting them back to the left, closer to the filename would be nice. Do you know of a solution for center aligning the path in the titlebar behing the filename?

Thanks,
Daniel

"Sivaram Neelakantan" <address@hidden> writes:

> hello,
> Is it possible to get the full path to the file name in the Title bar?
> Currently it just shows the file name. This is on Ntemacs21.

See the variables frame-title-format and mode-line-format (the
documentation for the latter explains the formatting options for both
variables).

In particular, it sounds like you want %f where you currently have %b.

--
Jason Rumney