Re: [h-e-w] full pathname in title bar

From: Galen Boyer
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] full pathname in title bar
Date: 01 Feb 2002 20:41:19 -0800

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, address@hidden wrote:

> hello, Is it possible to get the full path to the file name in
> the Title bar?  Currently it just shows the file name. This is
> on Ntemacs21.

This isn't what you want, but it may be what you might like.  I
don't need the full path very often, but when I do I just hit the
keystroke C-x C-j which jumps me to a dired buffer of the
directory where the file I'm currently visiting is stored.  I
then look at the top of the buffer for the full path.  I then
kill this buffer and I'm back at the file again.

This functionality is defined in dired-x which is bundled in
Emacs and documented in info.

It has some pretty cool features, but the number one reason that
I made sure I used it was that I can tell dired to hide files of
certain extensions and then toggle to see the full file listing
with C-o.  Therefore, no matter how many backups or logs I have
in my directory, I don't see them unless I ask.

--
Galen deForest Boyer