[h-e-w] cua.el C-v not pasting from Windows clipboard

From: Paul Kinnucan
Subject: [h-e-w] cua.el C-v not pasting from Windows clipboard
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:00:10 -0500

Glen Cordrey writes:
 > I use cua.el for windows copy/paste control key behavior. It works ok
 > copying from within emacs (via C-c) then pasting to
 > outside of emacs (via Windows paste), but I cannot paste into emacs (via
 > C-v) anything I've copied from outside of
 > emacs (via Windows copy). Does this latter work for anyone else using
 > cua.el, and if so, did you need to do anything
 > special to make it work?

What is Windows copy? I cut and paste from other Windows applications,
e.g., FrameMaker, Word for Windows, etc., into Emacs, using C-v, all
the time. There are a few windows apps that don't seem to use the
Windows clipboard that do not work but that is all. In any case,
the problem would not be with cua.el but with Emacs.

- Paul